Terms & Conditions
General Terms and Conditions
1. The operating season of the NZSki Limited (NZSki) ski areas is subject to snow, weather, and mountain conditions. The season may be longer or shorter than publicised. NZSki makes no commitment as to the length of the season, number of lifts operating at any time or to the operation of an area or facility on any day.
2. NZSki makes no commitment to the availability of carparks, transport or access to the mountain at any time.
3. NZSki reserves the right to offer preferential parking at any time.
4. A pass is defined as an RFID card (otherwise known as MyPass card) and all associated products. All product purchasers and users agree to the rules, regulations, and directions expressed or implied of NZSki Ltd. A breach of these Terms and Conditions may result in a withdrawal of any passes or products or any benefits thereof.
5. Passes and products purchased are valid only for the winter or summer season in which they were purchased for and will expire at the end of each season. Unused products will expire and not be valid for the following season.
6. Passes and products are not transferable. A pass may only be used by the person whose name it bears or is assigned to and photograph it matches in NZSki's records. Transferring or re-selling your pass or product is an offence and may result in penalties including loss of access to ski area facilities and possible prosecution. Both the identified pass holder and the person who attempts to use that pass to unlawfully gain access to the lifts will face possible prosecution and be subject to a trespass order which will prevent access to Coronet Peak, The Remarkables and Mt Hutt. You may be subject to trespass notice from other commercial ski areas in New Zealand.
7. You must always carry your pass with you when using our mountain facilities.
8. NZSki Ltd does not accept responsibility for lost or damaged MyPass cards. The MyPass card remains the property of NZSki Ltd
9. If you lose or misplace your MyPass card or it is stolen, please report this immediately to Guest Services on 0800 697 547 or email@example.com so we can suspend/cancel it and re-issue a replacement. A card replacement fee of $5 may apply.
10. NZSki reserves the right to decline to reissue the pass or to issue you with passes in the future if a third party is found using your pass without its loss recorded in our system.
11. Your pass cannot be used for commercial purposes without the prior approval of NZSki Ltd.
12. All pass holders must abide by the Snow Responsibility Code.
a. Misconduct will result in cancellation or suspension of the pass with no refund and possible removal from the Mountain. Misconduct includes, but is not limited to, reckless or dangerous behaviour while participating in on-mountain actives, excessive speed within a slow or learning zone, disregard for closed areas, unsociable or abusive behaviour, being under the influence of alcohol or drugs, supply of incorrect information or any other breach of the conditions of service.
b. The pass holder assumes all risk of personal injury, property loss and damage and understands participation in alpine activities and use of the alpine area comes at their own risk. While all practical steps have been taken to mitigate, identify, and remove hazards, the pass holder accepts that marked and unmarked hazards exist.
13. Photo identification will be required on the collection of your MyPass card or when updating your photograph. If you are purchasing for the first time with us online, you can also upload a photo through our webstore.
a. Please note that if the photo uploaded does not meet our criteria you may be asked to update this in person at one of our Guest Services locations.
b. Passes with photos that do not meet our criteria may be suspended.
14. All pass holders must abide by all signs and instructions when driving on ski area access roads.
15. Failure to abide by signs and instructions or reckless and dangerous driving will result in cancellation or suspension of the pass with no refund.
16. NZSki reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions.
Cancellations, Refunds and Mountain Closures
All passes and products are considered non-refundable and non-transferable unless specified elsewhere in our terms and conditions.
Season Pass products will not be refundable (monetary or credit) under any circumstances unless Pass Protection has been purchased.
For other products, applications for credits, or refunds will be considered for injury or medical reasons, or where travel or operational restrictions imposed by a regulatory body precludes usage of your products across the entire season. Where usage is impacted over only part of the season, any credit, or refund will be only granted at NZSki’s discretion.
To apply for a refund, please contact our Guest Services team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Claims must be supported by evidence including but not limited to a doctor's certificate, evidence of travel restrictions or cancellations.
All credits or refunds are final as of the 31st of October for the season for which the product was purchased, any enquiries after this time will not be honoured.
All refunds will be made in New Zealand Dollars using the payment method/and or payment card originally used for purchase. If you paid by a credit card denominated in a foreign currency, the amount that you are refunded in your foreign currency may differ from what you were charged at the time of booking due to changes in the foreign exchange rates, non-refundable or additional bank or credit card charges, or other factors. NZSki will accept no liability for any loss that may be suffered due to these factors in relation to the amount refunded.
NZSki reserves the right to obtain independent advice to validate any claim.
Downgrades to lower-value products will not be offered after the time of purchase. This applies to all products.
Age Group & Eligibility Definitions
Age is as of 1st June in the season for which you have purchased.
2023 Age Group & Eligibility Definitions:
5 yrs and under ski or ride for free at Coronet Peak, The Remarkables and Mt Hutt.
Child: 6 – 15yrs inclusive
Adult: 16 - 64 years
Student: 16+ years. Student ID will be required.
Senior: 65–74yrs of age. Photo ID will be required.
Super Senior: 75yrs of age or older, photo ID will be required.
All lift users require a MyPass card. A photographic ID may be required to collect.
A student is 16+yrs for 2023 Season Passes and 18+ for other passes, enrolled full-time (minimum 32 weeks in a calendar year) with a New Zealand or Australian tertiary institution or New Zealand secondary institution.
Not all products have a student price point/discount.
Evidence of full-time enrolment requires two forms of proof to verify.
- A valid, photographic student ID
- A letter from a New Zealand or Australian tertiary institution proving full-time enrolment (this can also be from Studylink).
BCITO, ISIC, apprentices, and other international student cards are not accepted.
Evidence must be approved by Guest Services before your Student Pass is activated for use.
Accepted Payment Methods
Our preferred method of payment is via electronic means for contactless payments. Our mountains are cashless and NZSki reserves the right to refuse cash as a means of payment when purchasing products or services from any NZSki location.
A valid lift pass is required to use any of the lift facilities at Coronet Peak, The Remarkables and Mt Hutt ski areas. Using or attempting to use any of the lift facilities without a valid lift pass will result in some/all the following penalties:
- A requirement to purchase a valid lift pass or passes to cover the fraudulent use.
- Issuance of a trespass notice preventing any future visit to the ski area; and/or a report to the police with the option of prosecution to the full extent of the law.
PLEASE NOTE: ENTRY TO ALL NZSKI SKI AREAS CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF AND AGREEMENT TO ALL OF NZSKI TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
UAV and Drone Policy
Due to Department of Conservation (DOC) regulations, the recreational use of UAVs or Drones is prohibited at Coronet Peak, The Remarkables and Mt Hutt.
For information on commercial filming or photography, including drone use, visit our trade and media page. Link below.
The customer consents to NZSki making disclosures required by the Credit Contracts and Consumer Finance Act 2003 in an electronic form, by means of email.
These terms and conditions do not waive any rights or remedies you may have under the Consumers Guarantees Act 1993.
MyPass money is the stored credit facility offered on the MyPass card at NZSki ski areas in New Zealand.
The purchaser and/or users of MyPass money agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
- NZSki Ltd will not be held liable for misuse, loss, or fraudulent use of MyPass money where the MyPass money account holder has disclosed their PIN either intentionally or otherwise.
- MyPass money will be available online with the correct registration of your MyPass and via logging in with your user-defined password. MyPass money can also be used at Guest Services, food and beverage and retail locations after you have set up a PIN with our Guest Services team.
- A MyPass money account must be authorised by a parent or guardian for account holders less than 16 years.
- A parent or guardian must be present for children under 16 years to load a PIN and enable a child's account.
- A PIN can only be reset by the MyPass account holder at Guest Services or over the phone provided their identity matches the information stored against the account holder's profile.
- MyPass money purchased directly will be fully refundable before expiration. MyPass money offered as a credit, refund or prize will be non-refundable.
- MyPass money can be used for transactions at NZSki outlets on the basis that 1 MyPass money dollar is equivalent to 1 NZ dollar.
- MyPass money can be used for part payment of a purchase.
- MyPass money can only be redeemed by the presentation of the appropriate MyPass card or online via a registered MyPass account.
- MyPass money can only be redeemed on the mountain by account holder verification using a PIN.
- MyPass money can be redeemed by the named MyPass holder for the purchase of products for other MyPass holders.
- Refundable MyPass money credit balances up to $500 can be refunded to the account holder at any NZSki Guest Services location. Credit balances greater than $500 can be refunded on application.
- MyPass money credit balances for account holders under 16 years will only be refunded to the parent or guardian that authorised and enabled the account.
- MyPass money credit balance refunds will be in the form of the most recent deposit.
- Any MyPass money credit remaining after a period of 24 months since the last activity will expire and the balance retained by NZSki Ltd. Non-refundable MyPass credit may be offered with extended validity in some cases.
In addition to our general Terms and Conditions there may be some events where additional conditions apply. These are outlined below.
Condition of entry:
It is a condition of entry to the Event that a search of you and/or your possessions be conducted at the time of entry to the Venue and at other times if requested by the Promoter or Event Staff. This may include, but is not limited to, bag checks, pat downs, metal detector tests and drug detection tests. If you do not consent to such searches, you may be denied entry to the Venue, or evicted from the Event.
Items not allowed:
- Alcohol & Illicit drugs
- Glass bottles or cans
- Sound amplifiers including loudhailers, vuvuzelas, and air horns
- Recording devices for personal or commercial purposes
- Flares, fireworks, laser pointers
- Knives or other dangerous weapons
- Full face coverings
- Flag poles of more than one metre in length
- Signs, banners, or clothing that are obscene, offensive, or abusive
- Any other item that may cause injury or public nuisance or inconvenience to any other person
Items that are allowed:
- Empty drinking vessels
- Soft-sided chilly bags, picnic baskets
- Prams, strollers, pushchairs
Changes in event:
NZSki (includes Coronet Peak, The Remarkables and Mt Hutt) or contracted event coordinators reserves the right to change, add, withdraw, or substitute artists in the Event line-up, vary the advertised programme, the entry and exit times, the amenities, the facilities, the attractions, and the entertainment at its discretion without prior notification. You acknowledge that the NZSki contracted event coordinators do not make any representations or warranties in respect of the aforementioned factors, and you have not relied on any representations or warranties by the NZSki regarding the above in connection with your purchase of an Event Ticket.
In cases where the Event cannot take place due to situations outside of NZSki’s reasonable control, NZSki reserves the postpone the Event or cancel if no suitable reschedule dates exist. Normal refund policy will apply.
NZSki may deny admission to the Venue (including admission to a particular performance at the Venue) in accordance with the Event Terms or otherwise in its absolute discretion.
Photography of events:
By attending this event you are providing perpetual permission to be filmed, photographed or used in any marketing material by NZSki.
Those attending live music events on mountain will not record or reproduce the performance of the artist in audio or visual format without the prior written consent of the Artist’s manager or tour manager.
Drones are not allowed unless all flight plan, unless otherwise authorized. See UAV and Drone policy for further details.
NZSki retains the right to confiscate footage.
People with disability and access to areas:
NZSki will endeavour to make the Venue accessible for those using wheelchairs, mobility scooters or with a disability; however, you acknowledge that the Venue has pre-existing natural terrain and pre-existing structures and facilities, and in some cases, it may be impossible, impractical, unsafe or contrary to building laws or regulations to make all areas of the Venue accessible for all patrons.
By purchasing an Event Ticket, you acknowledge and understand that some public areas of the Venue may not be accessible by all patrons. If you have any concerns about the accessibility of the Venue, please contact the NZSki prior to the Event for more information.
Photography/Videography on the mountain
Please note that NZSki regularly capture photos and videos of customers at Coronet Peak, The Remarkables and Mt Hutt. This content may be used in our marketing material.
If you would prefer that you are not filmed or photographed, please advise our Guest Services or Admin team on the mountain and we will do our best to ensure your image isn’t captured, although this cannot be guaranteed.
3 Peak Pass Holder – Summer Discount
Guests who purchased a 3 Peak Pass or Mt Hutt Season Pass for the 2022 winter season are eligible for a 15% discount on a full-priced MTB Day Pass or Peak Gondola Pass during the 2022/2023 summer season at Coronet Peak. This can be purchased at Guest Services on the mountain or at the Snow Centre in central Queenstown.
Queenstown MTB Club Member Discount
2022 Queenstown MTB Club members are eligible for a 15% discount on a full-priced MTB Day Pass or Peak Gondola Pass during the 2022/2023 summer season at Coronet Peak. Please provide proof of membership when purchasing from Guest Services on mountain or at the Snow Centre in central Queenstown.
Flash Sale - May 2023
The following terms and conditions apply to the 3 Day Lift Pass + Night Ski product as part of the 2023 May Flash Sale:
- The 3 Day Lift Pass provides full mountain lift access at Coronet Peak, The Remarkables, and Mt Hutt.
- Each day of the pass is valid for use between the standard operating hours of 9am – 4pm and can be redeemed on any day during the ski season, they do not need to be used consecutively, but all days must be used within 21 days of the first day of use.
- Night Ski runs 4-9pm on Wednesday and Friday nights from 22nd June – 2nd Sept and the three school holiday Saturdays in July at Coronet Peak
- Operations are subject to weather and snow conditions
- The Night Ski pass is for a single Night Ski and is only valid at Coronet Peak on operational Night Ski nights.
- Passes are valid for lift access only and are not the exchangeable Superpass product.
- Lift Passes can only be used by the individual named at the time of purchase and are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- The 2023 March Flash Sale ends at midnight New Zealand time on the 14 May 2023 and purchase is only available online.
- Not available in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
Ultimate Hikes Discount
If you complete a walk with Ultimate Hikes over the 2022/23 season you are eligible for a discount on the below NZSki passes.
Save 10% on a single-day Lift Pass for 2023 at Coronet Peak, The Remarkables or Mt Hutt.
Save 10% on a 3 Peak Season Pass for 2023. This excludes the renewal rate that is valid to 1 November as these are already heavily discounted.
You must be able to provide proof that you have booked your walk with Ultimate Hikes over the summer.
As a purchaser/user of any NZSki Ltd Season Pass – 3 Peak Pass and Mt Hutt Pass - we require your understanding and agreement to the outlined terms and conditions:
Season Pass products will not be refundable (monetary or credit) and are non-transferable (cannot be used by another person) under any circumstances unless Pass Protection has been purchased.
Pass Protection costs $60 and is available as an add-on only at the original time of purchase.
Downgrades to lower value products will not be offered after the time of purchase. This applies to all products.
The 3 Peak Season Pass provides the pass holder with lift access to Coronet Peak, The Remarkables and Mt Hutt on all operational days during the season that the pass was purchased for. This includes standard operating hours of 9am - 4pm, plus Night Skiing at Coronet Peak from 4pm - 9pm when Night Skiing is operational. The 3 Peak Season Pass does not provide lift access outside of standard operating hours. In-season events outside of standard operating hours, First Tracks and events run outside of official season dates, including out of season camps and other any other event that takes place outside of the winter season the pass was purchased for are not included.
Your 2023 3 Peak Pass includes all of these benefits:
- Free Night Ski at Coronet Peak, 4-9pm on Wednesday & Friday nights from 21 June – 1 Sept and the three school holiday Saturdays in July
- 10% discount on the Queenstown Express Ski Bus, discount is valid to products purchased from 1 June 2023 and applies to same-day return journeys only. One-way trips are not included. No discount applied to Ski Bus products purchased prior to 1 June.
- 10% discount at the Snow Shop retail outlets on the mountains and the Queenstown Snow Centre (offer does not apply to sale items or other special offers)
- 10% discount at the ski repair workshop on the mountains
- 15% discount on Coronet Peak summer activities
- 20% off standard full-day lift pass prices at Ohau Ski Field for 2023
- 20% off standard full-day lift pass prices at Mt Dobson Ski Area for 2023
- 10% off heliskiing bookings with Southern Lakes Heliski during the 2023 season
- 2023 3 Peak Pass holders receive 50% off single-day passes at all Mountain Collective resorts for the 2023/2024 ski season.
- Ultimate Hikes: Walk the Routeburn or Milford Track over 2023/24 summer and save 10%. The discount is valid for 2023 season pass holders and must be booked by the end of our winter season. T&Cs apply.
The Mt Hutt Season Pass provides the pass holder with lift access to Mt Hutt on all operational days during the season that the pass was purchased for. This includes the standard operating hours of 9am - 4pm. Mt Hutt Season Pass holders will receive a discount on the standard full-day pass rate at Coronet Peak and The Remarkables, this does not include a discount on Multiday rates. The Mt Hutt Season Pass does not provide lift access outside of standard operating hours. In-season events outside of standard operating hours, First Tracks and events run outside of official season dates, including out of season camps and other any other event that takes place outside of the winter season the pass was purchased for are not included.
The Mt Hutt Midweek Season Pass provides the pass holder with lift access to Mt Hutt, on all operational midweek days (Monday – Friday) during the season that the pass was purchased for. This includes the standard operating hours of 9am - 4pm. This is only available at the adult rate for purchase. Mt Hutt Midweek Season Pass holders receive a discount on the standard full-day pass rate at Coronet Peak, The Remarkables and at Mt Hutt on weekends, this does not include a discount on Multiday rates. The Mt Hutt Midweek Season Pass does not provide lift access outside of standard operating hours. In-season events outside of standard operating hours, First Tracks and events run outside of official season dates, including out of season camps and other any other event that takes place outside of the winter season the pass was purchased for are not included.
Your 2023 Mt Hutt and Midweek Season Pass also include:
- 20% off Queenstown Single Day Lift Pass.
- 10% discount at the Snow Shop retail outlets on the mountain (offer does not apply to sale items or other special offers)
- 10% discount at the ski repair workshop on the mountain
- 20% off standard lift pass prices at Ohau Ski Field for 2023
- 20% off standard full-day lift pass prices at Mt Dobson Ski Area for 2023
- 15% off Coronet Peak Mountain Biking over summer operations.
Upgrade to a Mt Hutt Season Pass:
You can upgrade from a Midweek Season Pass to a full Mt Hutt Season Pass anytime prior to 31 August. The cost of upgrading will depend on when you purchase your Midweek pass.
Upgrade to a 3 Peak Pass:
If you wish to upgrade your Mt Hutt Season Pass or Mt Hutt Mid-Week Pass to a 3 Peak Pass, you must request this prior to 31 August for the season your products are valid for.
Guests that had a 2022 Season Pass (3 Peak Pass or Mt Hutt Pass) are eligible to a discount on the purchase of a 2023 3 Peak or Mt Hutt Season Pass for 2023. This discounted rate is only available from 30 September 2022 - 1 November 2022.
Renewal rates do not apply for local school passes, spring unlimited passes or Mt Hutt session passes. Guests who received a refund for their purchased season pass prior to the 15th of June 2022 are also not eligible for purchase of a 2023 winter season pass at the discounted rate.
Guests must be logged into their MyPass account online and assign a 'party member' that had a 2022 Season Pass to the 2023 discounted season pass product to trigger the discount.
Pass protection is your injury/medical cover and provides for a full or partial refund (monetary or credit) of the season pass where an injury, medical condition or pregnancy precludes season pass use throughout the entire season as per the sliding scale below.
The value of refunds will be calculated based on the use of the pass according to the table below.
0 days (pass not used) 100%
1 day – 87.5% refund
2 days - 75% refund
3 days – 62.5% refund
4 days - 50% refund
5 days – 37.5% refund
6 days - 25% refund
7 days – 12.5% refund
8+ days - No refund
Refunds only extend to the value of the pass type purchased and do not cover any ancillary or other associated costs. The Pass Protection add-on is regarded as an ancillary cost. Refunds must be made to the credit card used to purchase the pass and the pass will be cancelled.
Applications for refunds can be made through our Guest Services team who are contactable at email@example.com.
Claims must be supported by evidence including but not limited to a doctor's certificate.
NZSki reserves the right to obtain independent advice to validate any claim.
All refunds will be made in New Zealand Dollars. If you paid by a credit card denominated in a foreign currency, the amount that you are refunded in your foreign currency may differ from what you were charged at the time of booking due to changes in the foreign exchange rates, non-refundable or additional bank or credit card charges, or other factors. NZSki will accept no liability for any loss that may be suffered due to these factors in relation to the amount refunded.
There will be no refund applications considered after the 31st of October for the season the pass was purchased for, irrespective of pass use.
Pass Protection can only be added to a Season Pass at the time of your initial Season Pass purchase. This cannot be added on at a later date.
First Tracks Add On
The operation of First Tracks is subject to lift operations, terrain, snow and weather conditions and patrol clearances.
First Tracks seasonal dates vary each year and do not cover the entire winter operational season.
- Coronet Peak First Tracks operates Monday to Sunday from late June to early September.
- Mt Hutt First Tracks operates Saturdays and Sundays from early July to late September
Access to trails will be subject to operational requirements, weather and snow conditions and any scheduled race/events. NZSki does not guarantee the operation of First Tracks.
First Tracks cannot be purchased without a valid full-day Lift Pass or Season Pass.
Mt Hutt First Tracks Day Pass Add-on
The Mt Hutt First Tracks Day Pass Add-on provides an additional hour of early morning lift access to the Summit Six and Nor’West Express when First Tracks is operating. (First Tracks operates from 8 am to 9 am from the first Saturday of July – subject to conditions). This product can only be used in conjunction with a valid full day Lift Pass.
Mt Hutt First Tracks Season Pass Add-on
Subject to the above conditions, a Mt Hutt First Tracks Season Pass provides access to the Summit Six chairlift from 8am to 9am on Saturdays and Sundays.
Coronet Peak First Tracks Day Pass Add-on
Subject to the above conditions, a Coronet Peak First Tracks Day Pass Provides one time access to the Coronet Express chairlift from 8am - 9am.
Coronet Peak First Tracks Season Pass Add-on
Subject to the above conditions, a Coronet Peak First Tracks Season Pass Provides access to the Coronet Express chairlift from 8am - 9am, Monday to Friday and the Summit Six chairlift at Mt Hutt from 8am to 9am on Saturdays and Sundays.
The Coronet Peak First Tracks Season Pass cannot be added to a Mt Hutt Season Pass.
Multiday lift passes (3, 4, 5 and 6 day) provide full mountain lift access to Coronet Peak, The Remarkables and Mt Hutt. Multiday Lift Passes are only valid for use during the winter season for which they were purchased for and include the below Terms and Conditions.
- Multiday Lift Passes do not need to be used consecutively, however all days must be used within 21 days of the first day of use.
- Multiday Lift Passes are non-transferable and non-refundable. Only the individual named at the time of purchase can use the pass.
- Multiday Lift Passes are valid for lift access only.
- Each day pass is valid for use between the standard operating hours of 9am – 4pm, operations are subject to conditions.
For 2023, all adult, child (6-15) and senior (65-74) full-day Lift Passes are Superpasses. This does not include Multiday passes, student, child (5 & under) and super senior passes (75+), or packaged products.
Your Superpass gives you access to ski at Coronet Peak, The Remarkables or Mt Hutt ski areas. Or if you want to take a day out from skiing you can exchange a single day Lift Pass for credit towards an off-mountain activity, dining out or retail therapy during the ski season.
To redeem your Superpass, present your MyPass card at any participating business and your credit will automatically be deducted from the total amount to pay. See a list of participating businesses through the below link.
A Superpass is valid to use at participating businesses from 10th June to 15th October for the year it was purchased for.
One New Zealand Superpass is redeemable per customer, per day.
A Superpass is subject to our general Terms and Conditions
If you already have a 3 Peak Pass for 2022, you can upgrade to an Explorer Pass up to 28 Feburary 2023 to give you access to the Ikon resorts for 2022/23 winter (NZ Summer).
If you have a 3 Peak Pass for 2023 you can upgrade to an Explorer Pass up to 28 February 2024 to give you access to the Ikon resorts for 2023/24 winter (NZ Summer).
Explorer Passes are non-refundable and non-transferable under any circumstances unless Pass Protection has been purchased.
Adventure Assurance (Ikon’s Refund Protection) is excluded from the Explorer Pass. Pass holders are under the NZSki Terms and Conditions and Pass Protection can be purchased at the time of purchase and at additional cost.
Pass Protection costs $60 and can be added to your Explorer Pass purchase. Pass Protection covers the 3 Peak Pass components of your Explorer Pass only, it does not cover any IKON BASE PASS components. It is your injury/medical cover and provides for a full or partial refund of the season pass where an injury or medical condition, or travel ban imposed by regulatory bodies, precludes or significantly limits the ability to use the pass throughout the entire season.
You cannot defer your Explorer Pass Ikon access as pass holders do not qualify for Adventure Assurance (Ikon’s Pass Protection). If you want an Ikon Base Pass with Adventure Assurance, you must purchase the Ikon Base Pass direct from Ikon. If you cannot use your Ikon Pass for any reason, please contact the team at https://www.ikonpass.com/
The Explorer Pass has a condition that excludes the use of the Ikon Passes at NZSki Resorts (Coronet Peak, The Remarkables and Mt Hutt), access to these resorts is included for the season in the form of a 3 Peak Pass but only for the season which you purchased the Explorer Pass for. Ikon Pass benefits are not accepted at NZSki resorts in the following season. This includes Ikon’s Friend and Family passes used at Coronet Peak, The Remarkables and Mt Hutt.
NZSKI INSTALMENT OPTION - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We offer two separate payment plans, one with Afterpay and one with an NZSki instalment option. These payment plans cannot be used together, only one plan can be selected per transaction.
Please see the Afterpay terms and conditions here
The NZSki instalment option is available to use up to 31 March 2023. By selecting to make payment by the NZSki instalment option, the customer hereby agrees to the below.
NZSki Limited (NZSki) retains the customer's credit card details and automatically charges the customer's credit card across instalments.
Instalment plans are not interchangeable.
The first instalment will be charged at the time of purchase View our full Disclosure Statement.
DEFAULT OF PAYMENT:
If you purchase using the NZSki instalment option, the below applies to the default of payment.
If any instalment payment is not made, e.g. due to the credit card payment being declined or reversed, NZSki reserves the right to charge a default administration fee of $35 per card transaction.
Customers can update their credit card details online, but should they wish to do so over the phone (0800 697 547 NZ / 1800 365 696 AU) it must be at least 5 business days before the next instalment date.
NZSki will not be responsible for the failure by the customer to make payment on the due date for any reason.
Please do not send any credit card details via email.
You are required to make each payment of the amount specified and by the time specified. Payment plans are not interchangeable.
By selecting to make payment on the NZSki Ltd Instalment option, the customer hereby agrees to NZSki Limited automatically charging the customer's credit card as supplied, with the % amount of the product purchased as specified below on the payment dates sacrificed below.
Super Earlybird Instalment Plan if purchased before and including 1/11/2022:
- Payment 1 $50 at time of purchase
- Payment 2 on 24/01/2023 20% of purchase price less initial payment
- Payment 3 on 21/02/2023 20% of purchase price less initial payment
- Payment 4 on 21/03/2023 20% of purchase price less initial payment
- Payment 5 on 26/04/2023 20% of purchase price less initial payment
- Payment 6 on 23/05/2023 20% of purchase price less initial payment
Instalment Plan if purchased from 2/11/2022:
- Payment 1 at the time of purchase is 17% of the purchase price plus any instalments that have fallen due at that time
- Payment 2 on 24/01/2023 – 16.6% of purchase price
- Payment 3 on 21/02/2023 – 16.6% of purchase price
- Payment 4 on 21/03/2023 – 16.6% of purchase price
- Payment 5 on 26/04/2023 – 16.6% of purchase price
- Payment 6 on 23/05/2023 – 16.6% of purchase price
Please note that if you are making a purchase after an instalment date has been processed, your initial payment will consist of all payments which have surpassed, including the initial deposit, at time of purchase.
Issue and Collection
Products purchased on the NZSki instalment plan will not be issued or available for use or collection until full payment of all instalments has been received.
Products purchased using Afterpay will be issued and available to use upon confirmation of the order.
Please note that NZSki requires a minimum order value of $149 NZD to use Afterpay to purchase our goods and services.
NZSki terms and conditions are applicable for guests who purchase via Afterpay.
We use third-party service providers to facilitate your payment and manage your purchases. In general, these third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
Private Lessons and Skiwiland
Private Lesson and Skiwiland bookings are fully refundable with no charge when we receive more than 48 hours notice for a cancellation.
Bookings can be rescheduled free of charge up to 48 hours before the lesson is due to take place. This is subject to availability and may not be possible in all circumstances.
There are no refunds for no shows, cancellations or rescheduling made within 48 hours of the original booking's start time.
Bookings missed due to illness or injury will be refunded on the presentation of a medical certificate as per our general terms of sale.
Bookings missed in the event of a mountain closed day will be rescheduled where possible or refunded if another day cannot be rescheduled.
All group lessons require a reservation for a date and time. Reservations can be added or modified by calling our reservations team on 0800 697 547, or by visiting our Guest Services team at any of our locations.
Guests may reschedule Group Lessons, subject to availability.
Group Lessons are subject to our general terms and conditions and are considered non-refundable and non-transferable.
Please note that a Group Lesson that has only one person in it will receive reduced lesson time.
Intro to Snow
Three days of Lift Passes (day one is a beginner Lift Pass that gives you access to surface conveyors only, days 2-3 are full access Lift Passes).
Three days of full-day Group Lessons, 10am – 3:30pm.
Three days of recreational ski or snowboard equipment hire (skis or snowboard, boots, and poles), subject to availablity. Helmet rental is included for children; adults can hire helmets for an additional cost.
Ski clothing can also be hired on the mountain in addition to this package. Please note we don’t hire gloves or goggles for hygiene reasons, but these items can be purchased at our retail store on the mountains.
The package is valid for use at Coronet Peak, The Remarkables and Mt Hutt ski areas.
The three days don’t have to be used consecutively, but on each of the three days, you must use the Lift Pass, Lesson, and Rental; these cannot be used individually.
All three days of lessons must be booked at the time of purchase but can be rescheduled by our reservations team if required with more than 48 hours advance notice. Please note that due to capacity limitations not all dates, lesson times or rental equipment may be available.
Rental equipment must be returned to us if you’re taking days off between visits.
All three days must be used within the season you purchased the product for and are non-transferrable and non-refundable.
Intro to Snow Season Pass Upgrade
If you’re hooked at the end of the Intro to Snow programme, we have an optional upgrade to a 3 Peak Season Pass or a Mt Hutt Season Pass.
Upgrades can be purchased through our Guest Services team upon completion of the three full days of Intro to Snow. All three lessons must be completed to be eligible to upgrade.
Pass Protection is available to purchase with your Season Pass upgrade at the time of sale. Pass Protection only covers the Season Pass upgrade and not the Intro to Snow product.
3 Peak Season Pass Upgrade Costs if Intro to Snow purchased by 16 May 2023:
Child (6+): $49
Child (4 or 5 years): $0
Mt Hutt Season Pass Upgrade Costs if Intro to Snow purchased by 16 May 2023:
Child (6+): $49
Child (4 or 5 years): $0
3 Peak Season Pass Upgrade Costs if Intro to Snow purchased from 17 May 2023:
Child (6+): $49
Child (4 or 5 years): $0
Mt Hutt Season Pass Upgrade Costs if Intro to Snow purchased from 17 May 2023:
Child (6+): $49
Child (4 or 5 years): $0
For all Snowsports Programmes, including:
- Performance Ski Camps
- Junior Performance Academy
- Women’s Performance Camps
- Instructor Training Programmes (5 day, 9 day, 10 day, 12 day, 18 day, 24+ day)
- Rookie Instructor Training Programme
- WHS Rookie Instructor Training Programme
- MH Academy
- Freeride World Tour Academy
- Women’s Park & Ride Workshops - 6 Sundays (or other days)
- Enduro Holiday Camps (winter and spring)
- FWTA Holiday Camps (winter and spring)
- Queenstown Local Schools 3-day Camps
Cancellations are required two weeks in advance for a full refund.
Cancellations between 48 hours and two weeks before the start of the programme will receive a non-refundable credit once medical evidence/injury has been sighted.
Rescheduling to another programme is permitted in the same season and based on availability. A formal reschedule request must be received a minimum of one week in advance.
Cancellations within 48 hours are subject to NZSki general Terms and Conditions
For any days missed on any programme, no refund or credit will be applied. This includes sickness on any day of programmes.
Terms and Conditions specific to programmes:
Rookie Instructor Training Programme:
If you are not successful in meeting the required standards to be selected to work with the Snowsports team after completion of the programme you have the right to retain your 3 Peak Season Pass to use for the remainder of the season. New Zealand Snowsport Instructors Alliance exam fees as well as registration are the individual’s responsibility and are separate to any NZSki Rookie Instructor Training Programme.
Local Schools Camps and Enduro Camps:
Rescheduling camp date possible up to 1 week prior to camp starting.
Freeride World Tour Academy:
Cancellations are required two weeks in advance for a full refund
Cancellations between 48 hours and two weeks before the start of the programme will receive a non-refundable credit
In the situation of serious injury where an athlete is not able to continue in the programme for the remainder of the season, a non-refundable credit may apply if full medical evidence is supplied
In the event of any suspension or stand-down from the FWT Academy programme for disciplinary or misconduct reasons, no refund or credit for missed days will apply
A signed code of conduct agreement will be required from all athletes prior to joining the programme.
General Terms & Conditions
Terms & conditions of purchase and use of all snow sports rental at Coronet Peak, The Remarkables, and Mt Hutt ski areas
The Hirer accepts full responsibility for the use of the equipment received and accepts full responsibility for the care and security of the equipment for the duration of the hire period and undertakes to return the equipment received before the hire period expires.
Equipment must be returned by 4.45pm on the day that the hire period expires, or the hire extended by 4pm that day.
The Hirer shall be liable for the replacement cost of any rental equipment received which is not returned to the NZSki Ltd rental department by the end of the hire period.
The Hirer shall be charged in full to repair or replace the equipment unless it is judged to be reasonable wear and tear by NZSki Ltd.
The Hirer accepts that there are inherent and other risks involved in the sport for which the equipment is being used and acknowledges that they are aware of the extent of dangers, risks and the potential for injury, accident, damage or loss resulting from a fault or defect in the equipment hired and that he/she freely assumes and accepts all risk of personal accident, injury, damage or loss which may result directly or indirectly from hire, fault or defect in the equipment and he/she hereby indemnifies NZSki Ltd, its servants and agents accordingly.
The Hirer accepts that the ski-boot binding system will always not release and under all circumstances as is not a guarantee of protection from injury.
The Hirer accepts that the snowboard boot-binding system will not release at all and is, therefore, no guarantee for their safety.
Mt Hutt Full Season Rentals
Hire your ski and snowboarding equipment all season at Mt Hutt. Includes recreational boots, skis/snowboard and poles. Helmets are included for children (17 and under).
Full Season Rental does not include premium equipment and cannot be upgraded for the standard upgrade price. This is only valid to use at Mt Hutt, it does not include Coronet Peak or The Remarkables.
Equipment will need to be collected and returned on the mountain each day.
Guests must have a valid Season Pass to be eligible to purchase Season Rentals.
Please note, we have limited stock of premium equipment. We do not have premium equipment specifically for children, but our range may fit some kids aged 14-17. Please visit our rentals team on the mountain for more information.
Ski Bus Passes
A Ski Bus pass that has a date and time reservation is only valid for the date, time, pickup location, and destination that it has been booked for.
You can change your booked departure date, time, pickup location, or destination for any reason prior to the booked departure time.
Ski Bus passes cannot be rescheduled after the departure time. You must change your booking before your scheduled Ski Bus departure time to keep your pass valid. Changes are not guaranteed and are subject to availability.
Bookings can be changed online, by calling our reservations team on 0800 697 547, or by visiting our guest service team.
Tickets cannot be rescheduled after the departure time.
There are no refunds or credits available for no-shows, for cancellations or for rescheduling requests made after the booked departure time.
Bookings missed due to illness or injury may be refunded on presentation of a medical certificate as per our general terms and conditions of sale.
Bookings missed in the event of a mountain closed day will be rescheduled where possible or refunded if another day cannot be rescheduled during the season.
All Ski Bus passes are valid only for the season, date and time which they were purchased for. Unused or partially unused passes cannot be refunded at the end of the season.
Ski Bus passes are not transferable. Pass identification requirements are as per our general terms and conditions of sale.
Children under 14 years old must travel with adult supervision.
Children five years and under travel free of charge on our Ski Bus service, however they do require a reservation prior to travel.
Baby and toddler seats are not provided; however, they may be fitted if they are lap & shoulder belt compatible. Parents are solely responsible for supplying and the correct fitting of these seats.
Conditions of Carriage
For safety reasons, passengers must follow the instructions of the driver at all times.
Passengers are to wear seatbelts where available.
Alcohol is strictly prohibited from being carried on our buses as our ski areas are licensed areas.
NZSki has the right to refuse carriage to anyone they believe is under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Food is not permitted to be consumed on any buses. Only drinks that are in a sealed container are permitted.
NZSki reserves the right to seek compensation for any wilful damage to any NZSki vehicle or property caused by any person.
The following situations may result in refusal of service or immediate removal from the transport service without refund or compensation, and may incur serious consequences including prosecution:
- Abusive, discriminatory, or threatening language and/or behaviour on-board any transport service, or around our ski areas or transport loading/unloading areas.
- Refusal to follow any reasonable instruction from the driver or NZSki staff
- Interfering with any of the driver’s controls
- Altering or attempting to fraudulently use a MyPass card or Ski Bus ticket.
These Terms and Conditions do not waive any rights or remedies you may have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
All equipment and personal effects are carried at the passenger's own risk and it is the passenger's responsibility to adequately insure for loss or damage to these items. Travel insurance is recommended.
NZSki reserves the right to amend, cancel, or postpone services due to weather, road conditions or at their own discretion.
NZSki cannot guarantee any specific departure times due to factors beyond our control such as; weather, road conditions, traffic delays, capacity and mechanical breakdowns.
Buses can only stop at predetermined bus stops.
NZSki cannot guarantee any pick-ups or drop-offs at any particular bus stop. Stops will only be made if safe conditions prevail, this is at NZSki’s sole judgement.
NZSki cannot accept liability for losses or additional expenses due to delays in transport services, sickness, injury, mental distress or any unforeseen circumstance.
WiFi Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policy
Wi-Fi Acceptable Use Policy
Access to the Service
The Service is a free service provided by NZSki Limited for the use of its guests and staff. Your access to the Service is completely at the discretion of NZSki Limited, and your access to the Service may be blocked, suspended, or terminated at any time for any reason including, but not limited to; violation of this Agreement, actions that may lead to liability for NZSki Limited, or its affiliates, or its owners, disruption of access to other users or networks, and violation of applicable laws or regulations.
NZSki Limited may revise this Agreement at any time. You must accept this Agreement each time you use the Service, and it is your responsibility to review it for any changes each time.
Acceptable Use of the Service
NZSki Limited supports the free flow of information and ideas over the Internet. Your access to the Service is conditioned on the legal and appropriate use of the Service. Your use of the Service and any activities conducted online through the Service shall not violate any applicable law or regulation or the rights of NZSki Limited, or any third party.
The use of the Service for the following activities is prohibited:
Spamming and Invasion of Privacy
Sending unsolicited bulk or commercial messages over the Internet using the Service or using the Service for activities that invade another's privacy
Intellectual Property Right Violations
Engaging in any activity that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property rights of others, including patents, copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets, or any other proprietary right of any third party
Obscene or Indecent Speech or Materials
Using NZSki Limited’ to advertise, solicit, transmit, store, post, display, or otherwise make available obscene or indecent images or other materials. NZSki Limited will notify and fully cooperate with law enforcement if it becomes aware of any use of the Service in any connection with child pornography or the solicitation of sex with minors.
Defamatory or Abusive Language
Using the Service to transmit, post, upload, or otherwise making available defamatory, harassing, abusive, or threatening material or language that encourages bodily harm, destruction of property or harasses another.
Forging of Headers
Forging or misrepresenting message headers, whether in whole or in part, to mask the originator of the message.
Accessing illegally or without authorization, computers, accounts, equipment or networks belonging to another party, or attempting to penetrate security measures of another system
This includes any activity that may be used as a precursor to an attempted system penetration, including, but not limited to, port scans, stealth scans, or other information gathering activity.
Distribution of Internet Viruses, Trojan Horses, or Other Destructive Activities
Distributing information regarding the creation of and sending Internet viruses, worms, Trojan Horses, pinging, flooding, mail-bombing, or denial of service attacks. Also, activities that disrupt the use of or interfere with the ability of others to effectively use the Node or any connected network, system, service, or equipment.
Facilitating a Violation of this Agreement of Use
Advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software product, product, or service that is designed to violate this Agreement, which includes the facilitation of the means to spam, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail-bombing, denial of service attacks, and piracy of software.
Other Illegal Activities
Using the Service in violation of applicable law and regulation, including, but not limited to, advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available Ponzi schemes, pyramid schemes, fraudulently charging credit cards, pirating software, or making fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services.
The sale, transfer, or rental of the Service to customers, clients or other third parties, either directly or as part of a service or product created for resale.
Notice of Violations of the Agreement
NZSki Limited requests that anyone who believes that there is a violation of this Agreement contact our Service Desk team immediately on 0800 697 547.
- that the Service may not be uninterrupted or error-free;
- that viruses or other harmful applications may be available through the Service;
- that NZSki Limited does not guarantee the security of the Service and that unauthorized third parties may access your computer or files or otherwise monitor your connection;
- that NZSki Limited’ ability to provide the Service without charge is based on the limited warranty, disclaimer, and limitation of liability specified in this Section.
The service and any products or services provided on or in connection with the service are provided on an "as-is", "as available" basis without warranties of any kind. All warranties, conditions, representations, indemnities and guarantees with respect to the content or service and the operation, capacity, speed, functionality, qualifications, or capabilities of the services, goods or personnel resources provided hereunder, whether express or implied, arising by law, custom, prior oral or written statements by NZSki Limited, or otherwise (including, but not limited to any warranty of satisfactory quality, merchantability, fitness for particular purpose, title and non-infringement) are hereby overridden, excluded and disclaimed.
No Consequential Damages
Under no circumstances will NZSki Limited, their suppliers or licensors, or their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and affiliates be liable for consequential, indirect, special, punitive or incidental damages or lost profits, whether foreseeable or unforeseeable, based on claims of customer, its appointees or its or their customers (including, but not limited to, unauthorized access, damage, or theft of your system or data, claims for loss of goodwill, claims for loss of data, use of or reliance on the service, stoppage of other work or impairment of other assets, or damage caused to equipment or programs from any virus or other harmful application), arising out of breach or failure of express or implied warranty, breach of contract, misrepresentation, negligence, strict liability in tort or otherwise.
In no event will the aggregate liability that NZSki Limited or its owners may incur in any action or proceeding exceed $100. The limitations, exclusions, and disclaimers set forth in this section will not apply only if and to the extent that the law or a court of competent jurisdiction requires liability under applicable law beyond and despite these limitations, exclusions, and disclaimers.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless NZSki Limited, and its and their suppliers and licensors, officers, directors, employees, agents and affiliates from any claim, liability, loss, damage, cost, or expense (including without limitation reasonable attorney's fees) arising out of or related to your use of the Service, any materials downloaded or uploaded through the Service, any actions taken by you in connection with your use of the Service, any violation of any third party's rights or an violation of law or regulation, or any breach of this agreement. This Section will not be construed to limit or exclude any other claims or remedies that NZSki Limited may assert under this Agreement or by law.
You agree to submit any and all controversies or claims arising out of or relating to this Agreement or the existence, validity, breach or termination thereof, whether during or after its term, to an arbitrator. The arbitrator may, at either party's request, grant injunctive relief. The arbitral award will be the exclusive remedy of the parties for all claims, counterclaims, issues or accountings presented or plead to the arbitrator. Judgment upon the arbitral award may be entered in any court that has jurisdiction thereof. Any additional costs, fees or expenses incurred in enforcing the arbitral award will be charged against the party that resists its enforcement. Nothing in this Section will prevent the parties from seeking interim injunctive relief against one another.
This Agreement shall not be construed as creating a partnership, joint venture, agency relationship or granting a franchise between the parties. Except as otherwise provided above, any waiver, amendment or other modification of this Agreement will not be effective unless in writing and signed by the party against whom enforcement is sought. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unenforceable, in whole or in part, such holding will not affect the validity of the other provisions of this Agreement.
NZSki Limited’ performance of this Agreement is subject to existing laws and legal process, and nothing contained in this Agreement shall waive or impede NZSki Limited’ right to comply with law enforcement requests or requirements relating to your use of this Service or information provided to or gathered by NZSki Limited with respect to such use. This Agreement constitutes the complete and entire statement of all terms, conditions, and representations of the agreement between you and NZSki Limited with respect to its subject matter and supersedes all prior writings or understanding.