10 reasons to get a Mt Hutt early bird pass
Mt Hutt in Canterbury is New Zealand’s best ski resort. Not just in 2017 but in 2016 and 2015 too! What does that say? It says this is an epic mountain. The big wide groomed slopes, world class terrain parks and friendly Kiwi vibe make this Canterbury’s ultimate winter playground.
Need more reasons to visit Mt Hutt? Here a just a few more reasons why we keep getting voted NZ's best ski resort!
- Altitude – the 2086m peak makes it one of the highest ski areas in New Zealand with the longest vertical drop in the South Island. Height also equates to great natural snow and epic views across the Canterbury Plains - on a clear day you can see the Pacific Ocean in one direction and into the heart of the Southern Alps in the other.
- Your kids under 10 go free with you – the Kids4Free Deal initiative between tourism operators in Methven provides several accommodation, dining and activities options for children aged 10 and under free of charge with one adult, including a Mt Hutt lift pass.
- All season long - There are no black outs in the 2018 season pass. In other words this season pass is truly unlimited as it includes all school holidays.
- All-lift access for all abilities!
- Freestyling – top to bottom terrain parks including the X-Course, Jib Garden, Gunner’s Alley and Sky High Park with a combined total of 25+ rails and 3 world class jumps ranging from 30-55ft plus other transitions and features including boxes, berms and rollers.
- In recent years, the skiable terrain has been increased by an additional 21 new hectares, and new automated snow guns, a pisten bully and modified terrain at the upper mountain will also boost and maintain snow coverage on the higher runs.
- With an annual four-meter snow fall, Mt Hutt typically results in one of the longest snow seasons in New Zealand.
- Discounts on lift passes at The Remarkables and Coronet Peak in Queenstown. Roadtrip anyone?
- Mt Hutt Ski Area Manager James McKenzie says aside from the terrain, it’s the friendly vibe, great customer service and excellent facilities that Mt Hutt is known for.
- The 90-minute drive to Mt Hutt from Christchurch is beautiful, travelling past the Canterbury Plains and Rakaia Gorge. From Methven, Mt Hutt is only 35 minutes’ drive.