Mt Hutt Open Day
Mt Hutt Open Day is a community fundraiser day with members of the Methven Lions Club, Mt Hutt Ski Area staff, and the bus drivers of Methven Travel all giving their time to welcome visitors to the mountain. Raised funds will be given to causes supported by the Methven Lions, including the planned Christchurch Hospital rooftop helipad.
Mt Hutt’s massive six-seater chairlift will carry families, walkers, bikes and bikers to the summit where, weather permitting, they will be able to enjoy unrivalled views of the Southern Alps and Canterbury Plains. Visitors will be able to descend on the chairlift or walk or bike down from the summit. Live music on the deck, scenic helicopter flights, a massive slip n slide by the learners area, and an arts & crafts market will also entertain visitors attending our Family Open Day.
- The charge is $20.00 per person, $40.00 for a family. The admission price includes free travel on the chairlift all day.
- Eftpos will be available.
- The road opens at 9am with the Summit 6 chair lift running from 10am – 4pm.
- Methven Travel will be running a bus service – bookings essential call 0800 684 888.
- Rain day: note if the weather is unsuitable then the alternative day will be Sunday 5th March.