Mt Hutt has a variety of beginner terrain! The dedicated beginners area is serviced by an enclosed 140m beginners conveyor lift. Along with the beginners area, there are easy beginner trails located above the base area, with the Quad Chairlift accessing the wide and curving 'Highway 72' beginners trail.
intro to snow program
Intro to snow
THE BEST LEARN TO SKI PACKAGE EVER!
Ever wanted to learn how to ski, but it was slightly out of your budget? 2018 is the year to get hooked on winter! This four day INTRO TO SNOW package is designed for all of you who have never tried skiing or snowboarding before and is all about making your learning to ski or ride easy and fun.
The Mt Hutt Intro to Snow package includes:
- Four days of lift passes (days 1 & 2 are beginners lift access only)
- Four days of group lessons - x2 lessons per day with each lesson two hours duration*
- Four days of recreational ski or snowboard hire
- The four days do not have to be used consecutively but do have to be used within the 2018 season
- You have to return the ski or snowboard hire back to us when you’re not skiing or snowboarding
- Upgrade to a Mt Hutt season pass for only $100** giving you unlimited skiing at Mt Hutt for the 2018 ski season
|INTRO TO SNOW||4 DAYS|
Adult Holiday Blackout (Excludes 1-22 July)
UPGRADE ADDITIONAL COST**
* Please note that groups of less than 3 people will receive a 1 hour lesson.
**Upgrade only available upon completion of the four day Intro to Snow package
other Lessons & Lift Passes
KIDS SKI AND SNOWBOARD GROUP LESSONS.
Designed for kids aged 5 to 15 years who want to join all‐day ski and snowboard group lessons at Mt Hutt, the Kea Club includes lift passes and lunch. Participating in the Kea Club is an excellent way for children to improve their skills, make new friends and have a great day on the mountain.
SUITABLE FOR VERY FIRST TIME SKIERS AND SNOWBOARDERS.
The First-Timers package is a flexible option for adults, seniors and youths aged 16 -17 years and includes lift passes, lessons and ski or snowboard hire.
This package is suitable for anyone who is new to skiing or snowboarding providing you with a safe and fun learning environment to build your confidence on beginner and intermediate trails.
Learn to slide with confidence while having fun. Get the basic skills of staying upright, stopping safely and riding the surface lifts.
- 2 x two hour group lessons
- Beginners Lift pass
- Skis, boots and poles or snowboard and boots
Suitable for skiers or snowboarders wanting to develop at their own pace.
From one‐hour to full day tuition, private ski and snowboard lessons are available every day of the season at Mt Hutt for skiers and snowboarders of all ability levels.
what do you need?
Sno Shop has a range of affordable skiing and snowboarding essentials for both adults and children, including gloves, goggles,helmets, socks, neck warmers and beanies.
Mt Hutt’s Sno Shop stocks a great range of top end brands like Smith, Bolle, Electric, Giro, Red, POW, Columbia, Dakine, Marmot and Spyder along with great souvenirs like stickers, magnets, mugs and glassware, key rings, T-shirts, soft toys (including our friendly mascots Spike and Shred) and much more.
You can also write and send your Mt Hutt postcards from the shop. We also sell painkillers, plasters and other medical first aid supplies as well as sweets and chocolates.
Sno shop is open seven days a week (mountain status permitting) from 8:30am to 4:30pm.
Cards accepted: VISA, Mastercard, AMEX, Eftpos NZ, mypass money. Season Pass holders receive a 10% discount in store.
ski & SNOWboard hire
If this is your first time skiing it's best to hire before you buy.
That way you can graduate to performance ski’s as your skiing or snowboarding improves. Everything you need is right here on the mountain. We stock the latest gear, from helmets and clothing to skis and snowboards plus our on‐site technicians keep it in top condition. We have one of the largest and most current ranges of ski and snowboard equipment in New Zealand with quality brands such as Head, Burton and Salomon.
Hiring your ski or snowboard gear on the mountain means you can take advantage of FREE overnight storage, no need to take your skis up and down the mountain. Plus if your ski's aren't performing well or you think you might have the incorrect sized ski boots, you can take your gear in and get it changed right away, ensuring your comfort and enjoyment.
Please be aware that due to health reasons we cannot rent gloves, hats or goggles.
what to bring
How can you ensure you are prepared for a great ski or snowboard holiday?
Experienced skiers and snowboarders know that preparation is key to having a great time on the slopes. When you pack for your first trip to the snow, remember to include:
- Boots or shoes with a bit of a tread for all family members ‐ snow and ice can be slippery!
- Sunscreen and lip balm to protect you and your family from the sun's harmful UV rays Warm waterproof pants and jacket (rentals are available on the mountain)
- Eye protection is important, even on cloudy days – and don’t forget goggles or sunnies for the kids!
- A hat such as a woollen beanie and a scarf or neck warmer for everyone
- Waterproof gloves
- Plenty of layers such as thermal underwear, polar fleeces, t‐shirts, skivvies, wool garments ‐ avoid cotton if possible
- Camera ‐ the views are unbelievably fantastic and you'll have to get a shot of your family
in the heart of the New Zealand's Southern Alps.
If you forget anything, almost everything you will need is available right here on the mountain at our ski hire outlet or the Sno Shop.