Welcome to the agent and media Pages of Coronet Peak, Mt Hutt & The Remarkables
Media Support | Mountain Editorials | 2013 Brochures PDF's | Trail Maps | 2013 Mountain Posters | Company Background Information | What's New in 2012?
New Zealand is home to the Southern Alps, a magnificent mountain range forming the back bone of the South Island. It is at the edge of this winter wonderland that www.nzski.com provides its three distinctively different premier ski areas, Coronet Peak, Mt Hutt and The Remarkables.
Three ski areas, three personalities, three sets of dedicated, die-hard fans. Collectively they offer a complete New Zealand snow experience earning them an award and reputation as one of New Zealand’s best Visitor Attractions.
We value media interest in our three mountains and offer an open invitation for media representatives to visit Coronet Peak, Mt Hutt and The Remarkables at any time during the winter season.
If you or your organisation has a news story to cover and need passes or other support, we invite you to please contact us directly, a minimum of two working days prior to your intended visit/filming, and where deemed appropriate we will provide access to our mountains free of charge.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further mountain media information or media story ideas and editorial support, please contact:
Queenstown Resort Guide 2013
Brochure aimed at New Zealand Domestic traveller
Downloadable PDF 8.5MB
Methven and Mt Hutt Resort Guide 2013
Brochure aimed at New Zealand Domestic traveller
Coronet Peak Ski Area 2013 Poster
Mt Hutt Ski Area 2013 Poster
The Remarkables Ski Area 2013 Poster
Coronet Peak Trail Map 2013
Mt Hutt Trail Map 2013
The Remarkables Trail Map 2013
Coronet Peak, Mt Hutt and The Remarkables
Coronet Peak, Mt Hutt and The Remarkables collectively offer the ultimate New Zealand skiing and snowboarding experience. Three distinct ski areas located near two unique resort towns - Coronet Peak and The Remarkables in Queenstown and Mt Hutt in Methven, Canterbury.
These three ski areas are owned and operated by South Island Company, NZSki Ltd (NZSki). The company is committed to the on going development of the ski areas, their industry partners and local resort communities.
Extensive capital investment in recent years has considerably upgraded the infrastructure at all three mountains. Investing heavily in its staff, snowmaking, grooming, transport and rental equipment to ensure that the guests' experience is the best it can possibly be and to get NZSki one step closer its vision "to lead the world in Snowsports experiences". Coronet Peak, Mt Hutt and The Remarkables offer a premier snow holiday, usually from early June to mid October.
Background Information on the Company NZSki Ltd.
Coronet Peak, The Remarkables and Mt Hutt are collectively owned by NZSki Limited. NZSki Ltd is a tourism organisation comprising several experienced South Island tourism operators.
The directors of NZSki Ltd are:
- John Davies
- Mike Davies
- Jacqui Davies
- Duncan Smith
- Graham Smolenski
- Murray Valentine
- James Coddington
The company purchased the ski areas from previous owner Air New Zealand in June 2002. At the time of the purchase, Coronet Peak manager and Managing Director of NZSki Ltd Duncan Smith said the company partners shared a common belief in the outstanding potential of Coronet Peak, The Remarkables and Mt Hutt and in the New Zealand tourism industry.
NZSki CEO James Coddington says that belief holds true today and the entirely locally owned company continues to demonstrate its commitment to timely development that delivers long term benefits to customers, industry partners and the resort communities of Queenstown and Methven.
Coronet Peak and The Remarkables are located near Queenstown, New Zealand’s premier four season alpine resort destination. Mt Hutt at Methven is located near Christchurch and is the leading ski area in the Canterbury region.
NEW FOR ALL THREE MOUNTAINS
The mypass card was introduced in 2010 and replaced the traditional paper and wire lift ticket. New for this season is the ability for guests to preload money onto their mypass card (mypass money). Mypass money will be able to be spent on any transaction on any of the three mountains - Coronet Peak and The Remarkables in Queenstown and Mt Hutt in Canterbury.
The success of the performance rentals in 2011 has meant that all three mountains have invested in more high end skis and snowboards for guests who don't want to carry or pay excess baggage to get their gear to NZ. Only the best brands are in our performance rental range so guest can be assured that they are get the highest quality gear best suited to the conditions that they will find themselves in. Please note performance snowboards are not available at Mt Hutt.
NEW FOR CORONET PEAK AND THE REMARKABLES
Two brand new made to order buses have been purchased to ease congestion and wait times for our Snowline buses each day. A new 5 trip and 10 trip concession pass has been added to give guests to option to buy multiple trips at a discounted rate.
New for 2012
- The kids Funzone is to be expanded to include small boxes and 'features' for kids to play on.
- The Icebar proved so popular in 2011 that we have made more room for it. An area has been levelled and cleared at the top of Greengates Express to make way for a bigger and better Icebar. Credit Card/Eftpos facilities have been introduced and we are extending the range of food and drink available to purchase.
- At Heidi's hut the coffee window will be open again after a break last season. This will improve the customer experience by reducing lines inside which, at certain times of the day could become congested.
- Work has been done at the Race Arena in Rocky Gully so that race teams can enjoy a full time GS course. For regular guests this opens up terrain on the main mountain which has often been closed due to racing.
New for 2012
- Kids4free. A new partnership agreement between Mt Hutt and Methven businesses sees kids 10 years and under stay, eat and ski for free. Participating Methven businesses are inviting kids 10 years and under to stay and eat for free. Methven Travel and Mt Hutt ski buses will make sure that their airport transfers from Christchurch airport and their daily transport up to Mt Hutt is also free. Once up at Mt Hutt all lift tickets for 10 years and under will be free as well. For a list of participating businesses visit www.kids4free.co.nz
- In Methven, visitors who want up to date information about Mt Hutt and who want to purchase lift tickets, lessons or rentals will now be able to find us in the iSITE information centre, 160 Main St. This modern and spacious building will now be "the Hub" and a one stop shop for visitors wanting to know anything about Mt Hutt and Methven. As an added benefit visitors will be able warm up with a coffee or Hot Chocolate from the onsite café. Bus transport up to Mt Hutt will also leave from here.
- Continuing on from 2010/2011 more safety barriers have been put up along the Mt Hutt access road.
- Get excited about a brand new menu at Huber's Hut. Rustic food, good value will be order of the day. Dinner with the Stars will also continue up at Huber's Hut on Saturday nights through July and August.
- The kids centre has also had a refresh over the summer.
New for 2012
- Work to improve the trail network that started summer 2010/11 has continued over 2011/12. The result being even more terrain and better gradients for intermediate/beginner skiers and snowboarders.
- In line with this two brand new groomers have been added to the fleet which further improves the on piste experience for our beginner/intermediate guests.
- The Icebar that was at the base of the learners area in 2011 has been moved to the top of Alta Chair. Guests will be able to sit in the sun with a drink and soak up all the alpine action around them.
- The Parklife Invitational (PLI) is an annual Downtown Queenstown event run by The Remarkables at the end of August. The invitational Rail Jam has outgrown its current venue and will be relocated to a bigger and better downtown venue. Expect to see some big names and some exciting pre-entertainment.
- The traditional Slopestyle series which runs over 4 weekends during the season is to be changed to a one off invitational Slopestyle with bigger names and a bigger prize pool. This will be held in conjunction with a Big Air making for a big weekend for spectators and competitors alike up at The Remarkables. The event will be held the weekend following the downtown PLI.