Media Release from The Remarkables April 17 2014Read More
The spectacular setting on the shores of beautiful Lake Wakatipu against the towering Remarkables range will take your breath away. So will the unique range of adrenalin-pumping, heart-thumping action attractions. The town itself is sophisticated and savvy, cosmopolitan yet casual and, best of all, everywhere you look is completely natural and unspoiled.
Home to Coronet Peak and The Remarkables - two of New Zealand's premier ski and snowboard areas, Queenstown is easily accessible with weekly direct Trans-Tasman flights or via Christchurch International Airport.
Queenstown is all go all winter long...
Once there, everything is so close...from the town's world famous jet boat rides to radical white water rafting. The world's best bungy jump is here too. Or to relax, visit a local winery, play a round at one of the international golf resorts or take a scenic flight. Make sure you grab our Queenstown Superpass before you arrive.
It's the easy, flexible way to buy ski lift tickets, plus you can exchange your coupons to experience a range of visitor attractions... a great option if you don't feel like hitting the slopes after hitting Queenstown's pumping cafes, pubs and clubs.
Queenstown offers you:
- Ease of travel to get here via Christchurch or direct Trans-Tasman flights.
- Home to two of New Zealand's premier ski areas Coronet Peak and The Remarkables.
- Located within a spectacular lakeside and alpine setting.
- Pubs, nightclubs, cafe bars and restaurants offer a wide selection of cuisine and nightlife.
- Diverse attractions include bungy jumping, golf, jet boating, white water rafting, wine trails, farm tours and much more.
- Accommodation ranges from top class international hotels to bed and breakfasts and backpacker hostels.
- Summer developments at The Remarkables on track for 2014 ski season as Early Bird season pass sale comes to a close
- Coronet Peak night skiing bigger and better for 2014
- Work on Triple Chair plus terrain improvements promises exciting winter for Mt Hutt
- Work to start on sealing The Remarkables ski area access road